Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Santas Glasses

Story for my children

Santa’s Glasses

It was Christmas Eve. All the work was done. All the family were relaxing around a lovely glowing fire. The colour was a lovely golden colour. “Will I put more coal on the fire?” said Dad.
“No” said the children “What about poor Santa?” Then Dad replied it was every man for himself. Dad was joking as usual.

Then Mom said “Have ye put a bottle of Guinness out for Santa?”
“Don’t be silly” laughed the kids “You can’t drink and drive.”
“Clever children” said Mom “Of course he can’t have a Guinness. I will leave him a glass of milk and some carrots for Rudolph”
“Good old Mom” the children said.

The boys talked excitedly amongst themselves. “I wonder will he bring our BMX bikes and a surprise.” Then they looked at their beautiful little sister in her buggy. “He had not better forget our little princess or he will be in big trouble” they said with a smile.

“Well now” said Mom and Dad “We think it’s time to go to bed now boys.”
“Oh do we have to?”
“Hmm I’m afraid ye do. Well if ye don’t, Santa will not come to ye. Off ye go now boys.”
“Good night” and they were off to their beds. But as excited as they were, they were soon in a heavy sleep and soon the whole house was in a deep sleep. Snoring could be heard all through the house.

Midway through the night, Mom and Dad heard a rumpus in the back garden. They got up to take a look. The dog was jumping around enjoying herself. You would have to be there to believe it.

There was Santa, bottom sticking out of the hedge and reindeers were falling down laughing. “Ye will wake the kids with all that noise” said Mom.
“It’s OK” said Santa “When I fly over a house, I sprinkle magic sleeping dust down on it and it will keep the children asleep.”
“Are you drink-driving?” asked Mom.
“Oh no” laughed Santa “It’s because I lost my glasses tonight somewhere over the North Pole. I expect some polar bear is wearing them now. I’ve been crashing all night but this is the first time I got stuck. Please pull me out because I have a lot more boys and girls to see before it gets bright.”
So Mom and Dad pulled and pulled until the three of them fell to the ground laughing.
“I think you should use the front door” laughed Dad.
“Yes I will, it will save us time and we need all the time we can get because of all our crashes.”
“Well” said Mom “I have a present for you. A pair of Dad’s old glasses”
And off Santa and the reindeers flew into the night sky, still laughing. Hopefully Dad’s glasses worked – fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful story and really well written, it brings back memories of Christmas night when I was a kid. Well done.

    Peter Cleary
    Clonmel

    ReplyDelete